top of page

Comeback of Dreams from our Reserves!

Following a difficult start to the season, our Reserves would head to Conwy Borough after two weeks without a fixture, looking to go one better against the side that they played out an entertaining 6-6 draw back in August.

Alan Roberts would take charge of the squad for the first time following the departure of Daf Hughes and Adam Galdo two weeks ago.

The squad that travelled to Conwy was as follows: Tom Lloyd, Jack Jarvis, Steff Williams, Dave Yates, Paul Yates, Sam Roberts, Owain Jones, Rob McNaught, Cai Aykroyd, Llion Thomas, Will Hughes, Ben Roberts and Joe Taft.

Despite a good start from our Reserves, the hosts took the lead

It was a good start to the game from our Reserves, who should have scored in the early encounters with Cai Aykroyd, Llion Thomas and Will Hughes leading the frontline, but on the half hour mark, they were made to pay as the hosts won a penalty. Conwy's Morgan Murray stepped up to take the penalty, and converted it to Tom Lloyd's left hand side to give the hosts the lead.

However, just 10 minutes later Bala earned their rewards for their good first half performance, as Cai Aykroyd was put through on goal and slotted the ball past the keeper to bring the game level.

Unlucky end to the first half as the hosts regain the lead

An unfortunate injury to stand-in keeper Tom Lloyd who looked to have broken his hand, was forced to play through the pain until the half-time whistle.

However, just as the game entered injury time things got even worse for us, as a cross into the box from the right hand side went all the way through our backline, and unfortunately for Jack Jarvis at the back post, he inadvertently put the ball into his own net to give the home side the lead going into the break.

Poor start to second half, but again Bala come back fighting!

The hosts would further increase their advantage early into the second half, as a header from a corner was scored by Ruszkowski for Conwy. Although, just five minutes later, we were awarded a penalty of our own!

Cai Aykroyd was put through again and attempted to dribble around the keeper, but managed to win a penalty after he was brought down by the keeper's trailing leg. Cai stepped up to take the penalty, and slotted the ball into the bottom right hand corner to bring back into the game!

Things got even better for our Reserves when a Conwy player handled the ball inside the box to give us another penalty! This time, Will Hughes stepped up to the spot and rifled the ball down the middle of the goal to bring the game level once more!

The full turn-around was completed with minutes remaining!

With both teams now aiming for the winning goal, both sides had chances to do so, but it was a combination of Jack Jarvis and Paul Yates that stole the spoils with three minutes of normal time remaining!

Jack Jarvis floated in a cross from a free kick into the danger area, and on the end of it was Paul Yates who headed the ball onto the inside of the post and into the goal! The comeback was completed with a few minutes remaning, after a very spirited and determined performance as our Reserves managed to see the game out!

The Reserves now aim for successive wins next Saturday 27th of November against Llandudno U23's at the OPS Wind Arena in Llandudno, with kick-off at 12pm.


bottom of page