top of page

Lakesiders Book Their Place In The Quarters

The Town returned to Nathaniel MG Cup action this week, as we made the short journey over to the Oval to face Gwynedd Rivals Caernarfon Town, as both sides looked to book their place in the Quarter Finals.

Luke Wall starred in the match, as he grabbed himself a brace with a goal either side of the half, that was after Chris Venables headed the Lakesiders infront, and it was Kieran Smith's superb curling effort that wrapped up the victory in the final ten minutes of the match.

Closely Fought Opening

It was an even start to the proceedings at the Oval, with both sides creating chances on goal from the off, with former Lakesider Danny Gosset coming close within the first five minutes, although luckily his curling effort from the right hand side of the box was easy enough for Ramsay to grab out of the air.

Despite the evenly fought start, it was the Lakesiders who landed the first punch, as Chris Venables leaped inside the box to get on the end of a looping cross from the right, and directed his header really efficiently into the bottom left hand corner to give us the lead after just 20 minutes!

Luke Wall At The Double!

As half-time approached, the Town doubled their advantage through Luke Wall, who found himself inside the box with the ball at his feet and without mistake, he firmly struck the ball into the net to send the Town into the break with a 2-0 lead!

Despite the hosts grabbing a goal back within two minutes of the restart through Ben Wynne, Luke Wall went down the other end and latched on to a loose ball from the keeper and tapped the ball home from a tight angle to restore our two goal advantage, while also doubling his tally for the evening!

Living Dangerously...

Despite our two goal lead, it wasn't all comfortable for the Town, as the hosts looked to grab a goal back and get back into the game. It was Danny Gosset who came close with just shy of ten minutes remaining, as he struck a free kick from the edge of the area right onto the under-side of the bar, yet thankfully the ball bounced back into the box and we were able to clear any danger.

The victory was all but sealed in the 83rd minute, as Kieran Smith cut in on his right and sent a wonderful curling effort into the far post, giving keeper Tyler French no chance in goal as the ball struck the post and into the net to seal a 4-1 victory for the Town over our Gwynedd Rivals.

The draw was made for the Quarter Final of the Nathaniel MG Cup on Wednesday evening, with the Town being drawn to face Gresford Athletic at Maes Tegid on Tuesday 18th of October, with kick off time to be confirmed.

Attention now returns to the Cymru Premier, as we welcome Cardiff Met to Maes Tegid on Saturday 24th of September, with kick off at 2:30pm, as we look to bounce back from an agonisingly late equaliser from Flint Town in our last league outing.


Caernarfon Town - Tyler French, Iwan Cartwright, Harold Essien, Danny Gosset, Thomas Marsh-Hughes, Aaron Simpson, Osian Evans, Ryan Williams, Ben Wynne, Joe Faux, Cai Griffiths

Bala Town - Alex Ramsay, Oliver Southern, Ross White, Nathan Peate, Naim Arsan, Paul Rutherford, Kieran Smith, Dave Edwards, Luke Wall, Lassana Mendes, Chris Venables


Caernarfon Town - Ben Wynne (47)

Bala Town - Chris Venables (21), Luke Wall (39,49), Kieran Smith (83)


Caernarfon Town - Rob Hughes > Joe Faux (72), Darren Thomas > Ben Wynne (72), Fidel O'Rourke > Osian Evans (72)

Bala Town - James Davies > Luke Wall (65), George Newell > Chris Venables (74), Soulayman El Amri > Kieran Smith (84)

Yellow Cards:

Caernarfon Town - Rob Hughes (76)

Bala Town - Kieran Smith (76), Nathan Peate (76), Lassana Mendes (86).


bottom of page